Barcelona Stay @ Hotel Astoria

Hey readers!
Sorry to keep you guys waiting so long for an update!
But I'm sure this post is gonna cheer you up!=)
I'm gonna be writing on my stay at Hotel Astoria in Barcelona during my last Europe trip.
To be honest, this is the best hotel among the three countries that I've visited.
I was satisfy with the stay and highly recommended for tourists who are visiting Barcelona because the hotel is located almost at the central of the town. Around 10 minutes walk from the Provença Metro though. Can be quite a challenge to complete the walk after an exhausting sight-seeing around the town.


#1





#2
Main entrance





#3
The Lobby



#4



I was quite disappointed with the fact that the WiFi service is only provided at the hotel lobby.
So the only time I can online was the 10 minutes before I went out and after I came back to the hotel.
But it's beneficial in other way.... So that the guests can rest well in the room, not social networking until midnight etc. (laugh)



#5 
The Room. Comfort and Cozy.


#6
A desk and paintings on wall.


#7
The bathroom


#8

Do you guys find it weird to see this thing beside the toilet?
I was quite surprised to see it and even googled it.
Anyone who can explain what is the exact use for this?
According to Wikipedia, it's a bidet. A low-mounted plumbing fixture or type of sink intended for washing the genitalia, inner buttocks, and anus.
However the bidets in Japan have totally different look from the one in Europe.
It's all in one and one do not have to move around to have their private parts cleaned.
And why do the Europeans do not apply this technology in their land?
I also hate it when the toilet seat is as cold as ice which gives me the chill every time I sit on it.
Why don't they have warm toilet seat?




#9
Despite of the toilet issue, both of us were happy with the hotel. =)



Something happened during our stay at the hotel which made a great impact in our memory. 
We sent our clothes for hotel laundry without prior check on the price.
Turn out we almost had a heart attack when we received the bill! 

#10

84.90EUR!!!!

Which is equivalent to around 
RM336
or
9100YEN

And I was so careless to include my undies in the pile of laundry because they actually charged the garment by piece. 
Which is 3.24EUR a piece for undie!!! 
And 2.70EUR for a pair of socks!!

But what done is done and cannot be undo.
So we can do nothing except paying.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!


And now some photos of the streets in Barcelona. 


#11



#12



#13



#14



#15
The Bakery


#16



#17



#18



#19


We went to Europe around the early March and it was still quite chilly. 
Because it wasn't spring yet, so trees with dried branches can still be seen and it makes the photo a lil bit spooky+sad. 

That's all for the time being! Hope you enjoy the post! =)



7 comments:

  1. With the money I think u can buy a new undies, I assume? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. so envy the fact that you can travel to so many places... don't you have problems to communicate with the people there?.. cz they don't speak english right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! indeed!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Barcelona. :) Hahaha :D Undies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather was so hot when I went there! Hahaha. Had an enjoyable moment in Barcelona too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barcelona is beautiful no matter what season!! =) definitely gonna visit there again!

    ReplyDelete