The New Face of Princess Hours

Happy Chinese New Year everyone!
This is my 3rd year being away from my family for the celebration and it still feels horrible.
However, they did send me some CNY cookies and a massive "ang pau" (another credit card) to help me ease my homesick symptom.
How did you guys celebrated the CNY? Did you eat a lot?

Anyway,
I have waited long to make this announcement.
Were you expecting this when you come into the site?

The old layout

Have you came into this page and were like "eh? Have I got into the wrong website?"? 
Nope you are not, this is Princess Hours by Sharon Phang and may I present you my new blog layout ;)

What do you think about it?
Do you like the colour? How about the header? Or the new font? And the social media icons?

I do not know since when did the blog revamp work started but I remember asking my designer friend, Charlotte to design a header for me almost 6 months ago. I wanted something new and different for myself and my readers that is why it took so long to make this happen. Blog layout revamping or interface designing is not an easy job at all. Not for the owner nor the designer.

After rejecting some sketches and exchanging opinions with her, we finally agreed to settle down on this layout. 
We managed to keep the minimalism and clean look of the original blog template but at the same time edit it to something that match my personality and preference.  

I have decided on every little tiny details on this page from the type of fonts, weight and size of fonts, the margin of the layout, direction buttons, colour of tabs and of course the header. So it was quite an accomplishment for me to see everything to fit in this page. But none of this would happen if it is not because of Charlotte and YW. 

As you might not know, apart from the 2-dimensional designs, everything was made possible by YW with his HTML and WordPress knowledge. I was quite impressed with how he just changed some numerical or alphabets in the HTML and everything will look different. He definitely had a hard time "working" for me because I can't remember how many times I have complained and make him changed the font type, font size and font colour for me. Guess that I was too picky? *chuckles*

Another cool thing about this layout is that it is RESPONSIVE!
Don't know what it is? Try to minimise it!
Responsive Web design (RWD) is a Web design approach aimed at crafting sites to provide an optimal viewing experience—easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling—across a wide range of devices (from mobile phones to desktop computer monitors) 
Wikipedia 
Lately, most of the websites are applying RWD so that reader can have a more user friendly interface and navigation in any devices.
This is made possible in my blog thanks to none other than YW. Of course, he helped me to fix thousands of minor bugs too while I demanded to add this or omit that on the layout. I have knowledge about codes too. But I just can't seems to find the problem whenever it has error.  

So this is the new Princess Hours for 2014. Hope you like it because I love it a lot.
Comments, advices and opinions on this new layout are welcome so that it can be further improve! =)

If you are interested in getting a personal design that fit you well, do not hesitate to contact my friends here :
Charlotte at charlotte.dagr8@gmail.com (Web design) 
Yang Wei at hilter_lim@hotmail.com (HTML and Responsive design)


Next target, getting a princesshoursdotcom. =)


0 comments:

Post a Comment