BTN in KLIA Sepang

I don't know how to start this post but it has been one week since I last posted something here so yeah, no matter what, I really have to dig out something to write.. Ok, what about me sharing my BTN experience?
Hope that it will increase the number of readers for this week =)

I've attended Biro Tatanegara (BTN) in KLIA Sepang last week from 21-25 FEB. For your information, BTN is a course that EVERY student under sponsorship MUST attend.  Yes you are right, MUST. So it's not your right to decide whether or not to attend this course.

I was so SAD and DOWN and somewhat UNCOMFORTABLE whenever I was thinking about attending this thingy. Some more my period is just around the corner. Attending camps, away from the place that I'm familiar with is totally not my cup of tea. Thanks to my parents who never allow me attend any camp when I was back in school.

But when I reached the site, and entered into the room I was allocated, I was relieved. (phew~)
Because it's not like those terrible ghost stories hostel room where you got 20+ beds in a room. Instead, in this place, they put 3 pax in a room. No double decker, a toilet in every room, a closet, cupboards, sockets, a ceiling fan, and tiled floor. Seriously, this place is far better than what I thought. So I wasn't so sad after seing all this =) *cheers*

On the first few days, we were busy with talks by facilitators in charged. The talks were actually boring, but somewhat filled up my mind with something useful and facts that all the while I thought was right. (but actually wrong-lah) And the remaining 2 days, we attended 9 LDK-s (Latihan Dalam Kumpulan) and held a lot of discussions, exchanging opinions, understanding the political issue in our country,  knowing more about the histories of our country, correcting the wrong idea, and knowing more about ourselves.

On day 3 morning, my gosh, my worst nightmare. 2km run. Time limit : 24 minutes. Otherwise, FAIL.
But luckily, thanks to Yang Wei who always jog with me (once upon a time), my stamina wasn't that bad-lah, and I managed to finish the track in 15 minutes 57 seconds. *CLAPS* =)
And there were physical test. Such as bumping 20 times continuously, holding the breath for 60 seconds etc. So get physical before you go there! "Let's get physical" ♫ ♫ ♫

Now about the food, overall, still can pass-lah. What I can't stand is almost in every meal, we got ikan kembung. It makes my mouth stink so much that I have to brush  my teeth every time after the meal (blah).
The last meal in the camp was the best! Nasi lemak for breakfast, (but some students claimed that they got stomachache after having it), Nasi Ayam masak merah for lunch. Yums =)

I guess that's all that I'm gonna share. No photos allowed during the course. So no photos in this post except this vain photo of us =D

My 5 days 4 nights roomate   

9 comments:

  1. BTN? Never heard before! i never knew that scholarship students must attend such camp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. scholarship student before leaving to study aboard. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what happen if a person fails the run ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think something bad such as terminating your scholar will happen. Maybe just a light punishment like sit up or run the field or maybe deduct points from your group etc. Don't worry!

      Delete
  4. hi, may i know are there any rooms at the ground floor? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, i would like to ask if there are any rooms on the ground floor? i recently injured myself and climbing stairs would be an issue for me..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wang Lynn,
      Sorry for the late reply. I couldn't remember well as it has been more than 5 years since I was there. Perhaps you can tell your teacher about this and maybe they will arrange a ground floor bedroom For you.

      Delete
    2. Hi Wang Lynn,
      Sorry for the late reply. I couldn't remember well as it has been more than 5 years since I was there. Perhaps you can tell your teacher about this and maybe they will arrange a ground floor bedroom For you.

      Delete