JFKL



Has anyone of you visited Japan Foundation in Kuala Lumpur (JFKL) before? 
I did that last week and I'm going to blog about it now =)

Before you wanna continue, just in case you wanna know something about JFKL, here is it. 
Just skip this part if you want to continue reading.

The Japan Foundation is a non-profit organization established with the purpose of promoting mutual cultural exchange between Japan and other countries. The Kuala Lumpur office was established in October 1989 and its status upgraded to Cultural Centre in February 1992. Three years later in April 1995, the Language Centre was formed under the umbrella of the Cultural Centre. The facilities available at The Japan Foundation Kuala Lumpur include the Tatami room and the Library. Tea ceremony classes are conducted on Saturdays while the Library is opened from Tuesdays till Saturdays.
The primary objective of the Japan Foundation Kuala Lumpur is to promote and support Japanese culture and studies in Malaysia. The office also facilitates and supports the exchange of personnel and experts as well as audio-visual and printed materials. Other objectives include developing a pool of local expertise in the field of Japanese language teaching and developing teaching materials suitable for local needs. Lastly it facilitates the exchange of information between bodies concerned with Japanese language education in the region.

I'll just skip all the intro and jump into the main point.

Some deco I found at one of the corner.


 The Tatami room.
This was the first time I enter a tatami room and I found that Tatami was actually harder than what I thought.

 Here is what Tatami looks like. All the while, I thought that Tatami is somewhat like Tikar (mat) in Malaysia.
But turned out I was totally wrong. Tatami is basically made out of  rice straw.
And it is freakin hard and thick!
  

 I just knew that there are actually rules in arranging Tatami. The most interesting part is that all the junction of the arrangement must be in "T" form but not "+" form. It is believe that the "+" arrangement will bring bad fortune. Look at the photo below to get what I mean.

I was so excited to for being chosen as demonstrator.  (see I wave to the camera?)
I acted as a visitor to this "family" in this scene here. Thus I have to sit at the corner side(macam raja).

See.... Told you I was very excited XD

Some very exquisite doll figure placed at the counter. 
But I have zero knowledge about this thingy. So spare me..........


The place that you can sit and read ALL the manga here. (if you can)
Very nice and comfortable right?

Oh ya, this is the time-table of JFKL. You guys can visit there during this hour.


OPENING HOURS
Cultural Affairs Department &
Japanese Language Department
Mon-Fri: 8.30 am - 4.30 pm
JFKL Library Tues-Fri: 10.30 am - 6.30 pm
Sat: 10 am - 6 pm
JFKL Gallery Mon: 10:30 am - 4:30 pm
Tue-Fri: 10:30 am - 6:30 pm
Sat: 10 am - 6 pm
Closed on Sundays, Public holidays & JFKL holidays

There are a lot of books, magazines and mangas too! You can borrow it after you become a member.
I'm not so sure if there are any VCD or DVD for rent or borrow.
I guess they held Japanese language class too. Not so sure thou.
More info please click here.

A small souvenir before we went back.

I love photo shooting =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment