How to make Taro Balls!

My baby and I were having plenty of free time so we decided to make bobochacha+taro balls!!!
I somehow posted the photo of TMO taro balls in Facebook and I never thought that it will be this popular among the girls!!:D
Everyone was asking for recipe so here is it!!:)
Thank God I did took some photos so that I can show you guys the real pic instead of just words and sentences...

I only manage to name you guys the ingredient I used and the rough amount of it.. Can't exactly tell you the correct proportion because I didn't use any weighing machine or measuring instrument... :D

Ingredients:
  • Yam
  • Sweet potato (yellow, green, orange)
        [you can also use only one colour... But more colours will vibrant up the dish:) ]
  • Starch powder (potato starch or corn starch)

Steps:
1) Cut the yam into equal cube size. The smaller the better.





2)  Place the cubes in a pan with water covering it and boil them for 20-30 minutes until it turned soft.



3)  Smashed the yam in a mixing bowl immediately after it is cooked with around 5 tablespoons of starch powder.



4)  Mix them well. If the dough is too soft, add more starch powder. If it is too dry, add 2-3 tablespoons of hot water. The dough is ready if it is non sticky to your hand.

5)  Roll the dough into until the size and shape of your finger (diameter 1.5cm)




6)  Cut the rolled dough into smaller equal pieces and you are all done!!:)
(don't forget to sprinkle some starch powder it so that it won't stick to each other)

 

7)  Repeat the same step for sweet potato!!:)




8)  Keep it in the refrigerator until you want to serve it. Cook it in a pot with BOILING water and stir it IMMEDIATELY to prevent them from sticking together.




You can serve it with different kind of desserts like red bean soup, 爱玉冰 or even, ice cream! As for me, I serve it with bobochacha and it was a blast!!:D
p/s: cook different colour separately so that your taro balls won't have mix colours


Hope you find this recipe useful and good luck to you! Don't forget to share the pics of your taro balls to me after you have make it!!:)

 Happy Trying!

0 comments:

Post a Comment