Happenings in Montmartre Paris

On the 5th day in Paris, we went to visit Montmartre. (as known as the white church too.)
This church can be seen from almost every part in Paris because of it's situated on a relatively higher ground than other parts of Paris.
There is no specific metro to Montmartre but we hopped down to metro Anvers and took a shuttle bus (not F.O.C) to the top of the hill.
So I suggest that you buy a one day pass if you plan to visit a lot of places in one day.
By the end of the day, we took cable car to get back to the town.

#1





Upon reaching the foot of the church, there will be a lot of black guys there wanting to sell you their products strings. When I wanted to enter the compound of the church, they marched forward to me eagerly forcefully persuading me to allow them to tie colorful strings on my wrist. Claiming that the strings will bring good luck etc. After the strings is on your hand, they will ask for 2 EURO. Please be careful with them if you don't want to lose your 2 EURO for nothing. The black guy stop me from entering the gate so I pushed him away  then he lost his temper and said "HEY, DON'T PUSH ME!"  I was like wtf??! I already told you I don't want the stupid strings so just get lost!

We proceed to the white church and saw a lot of people doing street performances around. In Europe, street performers can be seen at almost every corner. From violin to guitar and even harp! Both shown below here are quite unusual. 

 #2

 I have no idea what is this but it sure make good melody!
#3

This one is rather to be called as performance+ TMO keychain.   All the cute little 'dogs' are handmade by twisting the furry wire on a ready made frame. See cute anot???!

#4

That's the old man.. Twisting the thing while explaining how he do it. 
 #5


Behind the church was a little small art town. There were all sorts of artist there showing and selling their talent. At last, I found a mime. A local entertainment which I really look forward.

#6

"hi baby..."
#7

Die hard fans chilling while having bear at one of the cafe.
#8


We were just thinking to have a cup of coke to quench our thirst and turned out it was the silliest mistake we have ever made in Paris. Guess what, 18.40 EURO for two lemon coke!!! I myself cannot believe it even now!!! With that money I can already shop for a dress from H&M! Did anyone of you had such luxurious coke in your life before?

#9





There were all sorts of painters from portrait to landscape.  All of them are equally good because they all have their own personal uniqueness. If you think that all these painting just cost a penny, then you are so wrong, because all of these aren't cheap at all.

 #10

 #11


While we were "happily" enjoying our coke, and suddenly a painter appeared insisting to draw a portrait of mine. Saying he will give me student price and I don't have to take it if I'm unsatisfied with the drawing. 

#12


While he was having my portrait drawn, he even invited his friend over to have YW's portrait drawn too WITHOUT our permission. After the drawing was done, I took a look at it and decided that it looks nothing like me. However, he didn't kept his promise and outraged me. He even asked why can't I afford a painting since I can have a coke there. =.= The man's face turned and I have no other way but to pay him 20 EURO for the portrait that don't look like me. But YW didn't pay the friend because the painting was totally different from him and he didn't even asked to be drawn from the first place. So he had a sweet escape.
How sad. So I spent total 38 EURO for nothing on that hill. What a "memorable" experience. You can take a look of the portrait here.

#13

While we were on our way to the exit, we had another interesting performance.
This is a very brave and creative performer infront of the church. He actually climbed up to one of the lamp post while playing football in mid air! I was so worried that he might slipped his hand or the lamp post might break!    

#14

#15

After his show finished, everyone marched forward to give him tips!! How successful!



Here are some photos of Montmartre.

 #16

#17

#18


Last but not the least, the love from us =)  ♥

4 comments: