Sunflower farm in Japan

What flower comes into your mind first when you mention summer or something sunny and bright?

I'm sure the answer will be none other than the SUNflower! 

I'm not a big fan of sunflower but I did take this once in a year opportunity to visit the sunflower farm in Narita, Japan (成田ゆめ牧場)last week after viewing my favourite fashion blogger Nicole Warne who posted the photo of sunflower farm in Provence, France on Instagram =)
Sunflower festival is available annually from July to August. 


click for larger view


I was quite excited but being disappointed upon arriving because the farm is far smaller than what I expected! Do not be deceive by this photo as the photo only shows what is within the frame! The actual size of the farm is only 12mX12m. Plus the soil is pretty sandy and dusty. Try running and you will make your whole filled with dirt. I was surprised to discover that sunflowers are grown on drained soil though. 


#2
In the middle of the sea sunflower


#3
Tourist shot


#4
Harsh reality that the sunflower is actually taller than me orz


#5



#6



#7



#8



#9
You will laugh when you see it XD

I never knew that sunflower can be this gigantic and tall!
I always wonder the origin of sufficient sunflower seeds for manufacturing (as Malaysia's sunflower is no bigger than a palm!) and now the doubt has been answered! XD

Hope you enjoy the post as much as I enjoy writing and visiting this place =)
If you don't mind, can you tell me which type of flower you like? 




You are my sunshine my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey...

xoxo



Photos take by Sony Nex-5R


成田ゆめ牧場
千葉県成田市名木730
TEL : 0476-96-1001
Admission fee : 300¥
Visiting period : Mid July --- Mid August
Free shuttle bus is provided from Namegawa Station (滑河駅)



0 comments:

Post a Comment