Let there be....


I almost forgotten how blessed I am. 
I had my first paper yesterday and I got slightly frustrated because I forgotten one term for the fill-in-the-blank question which I have revised several times. I got pretty upset and couldn't seems to let that feeling go away.

I was scrolling my Facebook feed to read some news and videos before hitting the sack last night, 
and there were two posts which left a profound image in me. One is about a Christian believer  in Syria being forced to convert into an islam by the Muslim extremist and later being killed by having his throat slit back and fourth before his head was separated from his body. While another one is about a 5-year-old girl from China being abuse by her biological mother. The mother left after the incident and leave the girl with her father living in an underground car park using cardboard as bed before being saved by the police.

Reading news like these make me really sad. The girl does not deserve a life like this. I cannot imagine what is like for her to not have proper meal and carefree childhood. While the poor guy, he did everything he can to live but was beheaded even after he obeyed the extremist. Why can't the people live peacefully in this word? Why is there war? Where is the love.....and humanity?
If the money used for weapons and war being channeled to help the poor and needy, wouldn't this world become a better place to live?
  
All of these made me realise how lucky I am, for being able to stay under the roof with a peaceful neighbourhood and clean water supply, for having my family and friends who I can lean on to whenever I feel weak, for having chance of education and travel, having access to the internet....
My frustration is nothing compared to what happened to them and the crisis that is happening on the other side of world. Every moment now and then, people in the war are suffering and begging for peace. 

I really hope the world can be a better place for us, for them and for our children.  
Be grateful, and love one another.



1 comments: