What?! Five years already??



Yeay! Welcome to witness the another milestone of our relationship!
Can't believe we have been together for half a decade, which is TRULY a blessing.  5 years ago, I was playing hard to get when he asked me to be his girlfriend. Back then, I was not sure about our future when we first started, but I can tell you know I am loving this man more each day, although he annoys me sometimes. *laughs*

Let me spill 5 little facts about us on this post in conjunction with our 5th Anniversary.

Autumn 2011
1.     We love to give each other nicknames
I remember the he used to call me "bao bei" when during our early courtship. Actually even before we started the relationship as couple, he already started to pronounce my name wrongly as "fang" instead of "Phang". I have no memory when and why he started giving me another nickname as "little clam", but since then, we started to give each other creative and funny nicknames and both of us have like 826482917 names for each other so far. We love to see each other laugh when we were called by those funky names!Haha! But we only do it between ourselves though. Maybe that's one way of how we entertain each other everyday. No spilling out nicknames here though. Shhhhh.... 


Spring 2012
2.     We love to travel
In this 5 years, we have been more than 10 countries and X cities. Our first tour together was actually in Malaysia, in a historical city name Melaka. With our limited budget and unlimited time, we explored the town all by ourselves. There were no GPS in Malaysia yet at that time. And the only smartphone was iPhone 3, but mine was a Sony Ericsson W508i. 
Since then, we discovered our love for travelling, not by following any tour guide of course. So far, the only time we follow tour was during the Turkey trip because the transport in Turkey is not too convenient for a limited budget exploration. 


Summer 2013
3.     We are getting more like each other
Perhaps the saying about "couples will get to be more like each other" is a real deal. I did not realise these subtle changes of us until something kicks into my mind and I was like "hey, I thought you like/do/eat this back then?". During our first 2 years of courtship in Malaysia, he noticed something unusual about me. He was puzzled by why I was reluctant to sit but prefer to stand in any public waiting area even though there are a lot of empty seats. I told him that I could imagine all those germs crawling on my skin, and I thought he might think that I am crazy or insane. However, I was surprised he found what I said actually make sense to him. Now whenever we are back in Malaysia, I would rush to find a seat when I was tired from walking and shopping while he might, most of the time, prefer to stand. And I'll ask him "why don't you have a seat?" and guess what's his answer "Don't you feel that it's unhygienic?".


Winter 2011
4.     We love to hugs and snuggles
Especially during winter :)
I think every couple love to hug and snuggle as long as their partner is smelling clean and great! Hugs and snuggles really make us feel safe inside each others arm. Besides, I love to rest my head on his tummy too, which I can get free music a.k.a stomach symphony that make me laugh hyterically. According to Google, the noises produced is called "Borborygmus", which it is totally normal and healthy because your body is doing its job on digestion!


Summer 2012

5.     We love foods
Be it Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Mamak, Indian, Spanish, French, Italian, Korean, we sapu all (meaning "we like it all"). He is my partner in crime and seriously no one is better than him. We love to explore new cafes and restaurants in town especially the one with good ambience and fabulous food. Anyone who wish to join us onwards are warmly welcome because we can order and try more foods if there are more members on our table! :)
Oh yes, we love to cook too! Noms!


These are the 5 facts about us.
We have weathered so many storms and beautiful sunrises. May there be more years to come.
Hope you enjoy the post and have a nice week ahead!
x


1 comments:

  1. Wow.. Congratulations for u!!!♥♥ nice love story^^

    ReplyDelete