Alice in Wonderland Restaurant


Not sure if you have heard about Alice In Wonderland restaurants in Japan before but they have been expanding their kingdom since their first opening. There are not one but 6 restaurants with different concepts based on the Disney animation. They are Alice in a Labyrinth, Alice in Fantasy Land, Alice in Fantasy Book, Alice in Magical Land, Alice in Old Castle, and Alice in Dancing Land which offers their own interpretation of the classic fantasy tale with tea-cup shaped tables, romantic lighting, waitresses in blue Alice costumes and adorable dishes.

I have been wanted to visit this theme cafe for a long time but none among my friend is really interested in theme cafe, especially my boyfriend who is reluctant to go since his visit to Hello Kitty theme restaurant in Taiwan.  However, I have paid a visit to the Alice in Magical Land, located at West Shinjuku with one my friend who came to Japan last summer. 

I am a big fan of theme restaurant/cafe. I love to see how things on screen/story is being brought to life! One thing though, do not give high hope on the food because most of them are mediocre or worse than expectation. However, it is still so fun and exciting to see all the pretty decorations and unusual settings right? As I have expected, the entrance door that look like the cover of big story book slide open and rows of Queen's Garden box seats upon entrance are giving us a welcoming sight. 

 #2


#3
Photo courtesy of hypebeast.com



We were seated at the Mad Hatter Tea Party which has a lot of pink and hearts.

#4


#5


#6
Photo courtesy of tabelog.com

#7

Unfortunately, we reached the restaurant 45 minutes before their siesta hour therefore hardly any customers or long queue required (which was a good news). I remember I was starving along the way to the restaurant and the thought of being able to have the White Rabbit Spaghetti made me so much hungrier but everything shattered when the adorable dress-up as Alice waitress told us that we can only order from the tea-time menu which only serve limited foods and drinks. 

#8
Alice and Caterpillar Tea Hat Set 


#9
close up

Nonetheless the Alice and Caterpillar in Mad Hatter Tea Party taste better than what we expected. *claps claps*
Caterpillar was made of matcha roll cake with whipped cream and raspberry as topping. The Alice cracker looked impressive with hands and legs but taste nothing special. Next, inside the teacup was some cocktail fruits and the white thing on the right side is marshmallow dipped with chocolate serving as a hat. While the red and green sauce were actually kiwi and strawberry flavoured jam which I like a lot.   
Overall the portion was a little too stingy in my opinion, and pricey too! 

#10
My partner in crime

#11


#12


Each of the Alice Fantasy Restaurant offers different concept and menu.  Guess I have to try out the remaining 5 to decide which decoration I like the most. haha.  
Do you like theme restaurant/cafe?
Hope you like this post and have a nice weekend!
x


Locations:



2 comments:

  1. omg this is so cute! I must go there one day too :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yes you must! Hopefully I can tell you which branch I love the most by then :P

      Delete