Kendra Thornton Miami Challenge

I was recently invited to create a style board for a Miami Escape by Kendra Thornton, a travel expert who has been featured on television shows like Tyra Banks and Nate Berkus. I am very pleased that Kendra loves my style and asked for my style advice. 

I am heading to Miami, Florida in a few weeks with my husband. I am a mother to three wonderful children and am in need of some trendy fashion guidance! I'm inviting you to help me put together a wardrobe that will complement my travel plans. My husband and I are spending the weekend at The Biltmore estate Miami and I will need a chic ensemble for day and evening looks.

Here is what Kendra wrote :
"My husband is taking me to sunny Miami for a vacation soon. It will be just the two of us! In order for me to enjoy this tropical getaway, I am in need of some chic and stylish outfits. My intention is to look fabulous as I spend this special time with the man I love. I want my personal look to be timeless when we view pictures that were taken at this vacation a number of years later. We will be staying at the historic and memorable Biltmore Miami Coral Gable Estates. I desire to look my best while we spend time there. I appreciate your style and would love your insight and helpful tips. Your fashion finds are amazing and inspiring.  The internet travel site gogobot made it easy to book a room and find great things to do in the area! It was just so effortless looking at all the user reviews and venues with so many photos. While we are at the Biltmore, we will be taking some culinary classes together. We used to do a lot of cooking when we were dating, and I am very thankful that we can do this in the convenience of the hotel. What many people do not know is that the facility has a recreational cooking school in it. There are classes for people of many different ages, and that includes children. We plan to take at least two classes in which we can sharpen our culinary skills. Not only that, but we will be taking a few workshops together. It will be fun just to sit next to each other and learn. It will seem like we were back in college together! Of course, there many other things we plan to do, such as visiting the spa, having a few golf sessions together, eating at the Biltmore’s Palme d’or and so much more. However, this culinary experience is something that we have wanted to do for quite a long time at the Biltmore. We like to do many things together as a couple, like shopping, having late night drinks or eating at a fantastic restaurant. I personally have a better time when I am dressed appropriately. New clothes that are stylish give me a confidence that is hard to describe and replicate. What I can describe is that having the right clothing makes a vacation with my husband even better!"                                                   
This season's trend is mostly about monochrome which is why all my boards have a touch of black or white. I personally like these colours shades a lot because  in this complicated world, there’s something reassuring about clean, simple black-and-white especially when it is properly organized. The look it portrays will look modern, cool, and assertive, but never in your face and smacks of self-possession.


The first look I prepare for Kendra is the beach look.  This look will definitely make Kendra look stylish yet elegant without having to try hard. Minimum accessories are put on to compliment the look and to save Kendra some hassle to take off the accessories when the only thing she wants to do is to jump in the pool!

#1
Beach Day




The second and third look are suitable for day out and chilling around the town. Look number #2 is more casual however the look is immediately spiced up by the gladiator and some statement jewelleries. 

#2
Miami Heat




Look number #3 is more lovely to integrate into the Miami vibe. Floral head gear can never go wrong pairing up with anything and it can pull off almost every casual look. Monotone can never go wrong matching up with another monotone so I think Kendra might love a vivid colour handbag that can balance up this look.  

#3
Summer Walk




Kendra did mentioned in her letter that she will be having golf sessions with her husband. This is the sporty look I paired up for her. Notice the diamond earring? Ladies must never lose their sparkle even when they are doing sports! :)

#4
Golf Kind of Day




This look is for a perfect dinner date with the one you love. I keep this look simple by choosing a plain but flattering black dress to pair up with several diamond accessories. The Chanel beads clutch would be a perfect combination for the diamonds too.

#5
Perfect Night




All the boards are created by Polyvore. You may check up the details of the items in my Polyvore profile.

Hopefully Kendra will like the looks I put together for her and hope she has a great time with her husband in Miami.  
Thanks Kendra for the opportunity to participate in your challenge! :)

x

0 comments:

Post a Comment