Our 6th Anniversary

Let's take a break from the continuous travel post and have something different today :) Most of you might have known that YW and I celebrated our anniversary recently. I can't help but to suddenly realise that another year has passed. A lot of people are (VERY) shocked when they heard that we have been in a courtship for this long. I don't know how we did it either. But honestly, being with him for these 2192 days feel like a shooting stars, where everyday is as exciting, fun and unpredictable :)

#1
Cheers baby!

Little did you guys know that our relationship didn't started like a fairytale. It was somehow a long story but funny and memorable. And I certainly want to tell that to our kids later in the future! haha.

YW suggested that we celebrate our anniversary at Roponggi this year, because Roponggi (六本木) has the kanji "六" which means 6 in Japanese. He's such genius right? XD
Some of our friends laughed when they heard this and already start suggesting places with kanji begins with "七" (seven) to us. 

We went to a Oyster Bar and Wine restaurant, for the very first time.
I have not been very fancy with oyster for the entire time of my life but he ended up reserving the restaurant serving fresh oysters, which I only found out 3 hours prior our dinner. I was not happy at all. Imagining myself gulping down all those oysters made my stomach sick and I even sulked for full 3 hours. ;(

We started our course with appetizer -- the chilled foie gra mousse, as soon as we were seated.  
This thing taste like heaven with a taste I don't know how to describe. The texture is rich but mild at the same time. The foie gra and mousse was perfectly proportioned by enhancing each other while melting in my mouth. The burnt upper part, which in my opinion looks a lot like creme brulee, add a little sweetness to the entire combination.  

#2


#3
My date  ♡


Next was three different oysters from three different prefecture of Japan. I look forward this dish the most because I have no idea how to swallow it raw like that. 

#4


Little did I know that oysters taste so much different depending on their breeding ground and condition of the sea water. Our waiter introduced us to our little bowl of oysters which came from Hiroshima and Kumamoto prefecture. He informed us that oysters from Hiroshima has milder taste while the one form Kumamoto is creamier and has richer taste. He recommend us to eat it from left to right (mild to rich) to differentiate the taste distinctively.     

#5


Here's a video of me having my oyster. 

And hey, guess what, I can actually finished all of them with the help of lemon and cocktail sauce! They taste better than I expected and I think I might love to try them again in the future! YW was so glad that I love the oysters and he was like "phewwww...." after he saw me enjoying them. haha! Maybe the ones I tried last time wasn't that fresh or cold enough thus making the oysters smelled fishy. 

#6


Next was this I have no idea what, but it taste awesome. The combination of the anchovy cream sauce + olive oil + pie crumb + cooked oyster is everything you want to eat after having all those cold things. Yes, there is another oyster hiding inside this pie crust! This dish was so awesome that I wish they served two of this in a plate XD
Too bad I forgot to take the photo of it being cut half. Or else you might know why it taste so good. 

#7


Just when I thought there were no more oyster, there came another plate of it. And they are in pairs!
One is covered in basil and olive oil while the other one is covered in melted cheese. Both tasted nice as well but both me and YW like the one with cheese better. 

#8


#9


After 6 (there you go again, that magic number) oysters, we finally have something sans oyster! This is lobster tagliolini. This dish was so-so compared to others. How wished the pasta could be creamier!

#10


#11
Lobster Tagliolini

The last main dish is the Wagyu beef stew in red wain. This has to be one of the best beef dish I've ever had in fine dining. I always have trouble eating medium cooked steak or anything less than that unless it's really professionally cooked. I have secretly wish that there is no steak in fine dining and my dream came true when I had this wagyu stew, with the meat so tender and rich with flavours! Eating it with the sauce and the mash potatoes (I suppose) is truly incredible. 

#12


Last but not the least, dessert with gelato and tiny piece of macadamia cake.

#13


Overall, I enjoyed myself a lot at this restaurant. This whole new experience of trying something out of my context is so fun and waku waku (nervous but excited) at the same time. Can't wait to explore what else will I try in the future! And I wanna thank YW for bring me out of my comfort zone (like always) and encourage me to try new things :)

#14


Dear Yang Wei :

Thanks baby for the crazy rides all these years. Meeting you has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. You encourage me to do the things I love although some are ridiculous, you support my dreams although they seems impossible, you make me believe in myself when I lose all my confidence, you build me up from where I fell flat on my face, you stood by my side during my darkest period of my life, and you love me like there's no tomorrow. I love your bear hug very much and I feel safe whenever I'm inside your arms. You took all my wearies away and filled me with love, lots and lots of it. Thank you for being my best friend, my safe place and continually making me the better version of myself. I can't wait to celebrate another mile of our relationship this time, next year. 
Last but not the least, where is my present?

xo
Sharon



You may like to view this blogpost written last year on our 5th anniversary :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I love fresh oyster! COngrates on ur anniversary btw^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankiu my dear!!!
      Maybe we can grab some oysters together one day :)

      Delete