Travelogue : Hong Kong Day 1

Hi guys! It has been a while since I updated and have you notice that there are some changes done to the layout?
It's still in the process though. Just stay tuned for the new look! =)

This post is going to be about my trip to Hong Kong last month.
Time flies. In the wink of an eye autumn is already here. 

#1
The photo taken before we got severe seasick

I'm not a person who get seasick easily. In fact I never had one. But this time it got me. The weather was so bad with rain on that day. To make things worst, typhoon was on it way thus causing strong wind and BIG waves which hit the ferry so hard. I was having a mild headache but poor YW got seasick throughout the journey and vomited along the way... (I hope he don't kill me for exposing this!) Not only him, the baby on the other side of the aisle vomited on her mum and I couldn't imagine what would happen if I was the mum. ಠ_ಠ
  

#2


#3


#4
Lotus glutinous nice
First meal in Hong Kong at a random char chan teng (dim sum restaurant). In my opinion, almost every food in Hong Kong is likely the same and taste equally nice. Just depends on how much money you are willing to pay for the ambience and the hygiene of the place that you want to dine.  I found that dining in Hong Kong is rather costly. As a matter of fact, almost the same as Tokyo's, which totally blown my mind because I always thought Hong Kong's cost of living is almost the same as Taiwan's.  



#5


#6


#7


#8


#9


The MTR--Mass Transit Railway (in Malaysia we have MRT right? I always mixed up. haha!) in Hong Kong. From the pictures above, do you realise Hong Kong has long escalator in their stations? Not only they are long, they are fast too! I couldn't stop imagine the "what if" questions in my mind. 

"What if I fall?"
"What if other people fall and hit me?"
"What if there is power failure?"
"What if blah blah...."

Not only in Hong Kong, the subways in UK has the long escalators too but slower compare to HK's. You see, there is benefit to travel a lot. You get to see train stations from different countries and the way they run it. Taiwan's train station prohibit passengers to snack or drink after you enter the touch-n-go barrier.  Paris's train station is extremely unhygienic despite being crown the city of love. UK has rather narrow exits and entrances plus long escalators in their train stations while Barcelona, Spain has the most beautiful underground stations fully tiled and air conditioned. 


#10


#11


#12


#13


#14


#15

People, people, PEOPLE everywhere. There are SOOOO many people EVERYWHERE on the streets of Hong Kong. However I was surprised to know that Hong Kong is not even in the 100th most populated country list. So what are all these people? Tourists? May be possible because I rarely saw Hongkies except for the shopkeepers. 


#16


#17

That white ball doesn't taster like fishball at all. I have no idea what are those.... It has squishy texture and was covered with curry sauce. While the once covered in black sweet sauce, I totally have no clue about it.....┐(‘~`;)┌


#18


#19


#20


#21
Hong Kong's skyscraper (click for larger view)

This is the Avenue of Star located along the Victoria Harbour in Tsim Sha Tsui. From this spot, tourists can enjoy the Symphony of light, the laser light up from 44 skyscrapers across the land. The show is available daily at 8pm. It didn't really amazed me but it's magnificent to see the beautiful view with different colours of neon light being lighted up as if telling the world "night is still young"! 


#22


#23
Roasted Chicken for her


#24
Roasted Pork for him
    
We had our dinner/supper at the local's largest chain cafe, Cafe de Oral. This cafe is one of the pioneer of fast casual dining in Hong Kong. It offers wide range of Hong Kong's must-eat food and of course milk tea with black pearl too! I think I like their milk tea the best because it has the right proportion of milk and tea, and it's not too sweet. The taste isn't easily diluted although the ice was melting all its way.  Do you know that I don't really like to eat pork? Not that I don't eat it but I would rather choose chicken over pork if I have the choice =)

That's all for now!
Hope you like the post. 

x


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and I really miss Hong Kong. :(((((

    mt
    http://www.facebook.com/meitzeupage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meitzeu! Hong Kong is really a nice metropolitan.

      Delete
  2. more pic and info please! Going to HK & macau next year heheh recommend me some places :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Macau posts are done babe =) Can go check it out! I will update more soon! <3

      Delete
  3. wow love all the pictures, nice! I was in HK last year experienced the worst ever typhoon -. -" you didn't try their smelly taufu? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie =)
      Aww.. We experienced a little bad weather too when we were there..... =(
      I didn't got a chance to try that cz i didn't found any! XD

      Delete