Travelogue : Hong Kong Day 2 @ Yung Kee & Madame Tussauds

Our second day in Hong Kong started off with brunch at Yung Kee Restaurant.
It was YW's idea to visit this place cause he read a lot of recommendations about this place in forums. 


#1




#2
Century Egg HKG9

#3
Mango Glutinous Ball

 #4


#5


#6

I did my little "research" about Yung Kee Restaurant before writing this post and I must say that I was pretty disappointed to have missed out their signature dish--the Roast Goose. But on the bright side, I have showed mercy on my purse for not having them because the foods shown above in small portion have already cost us around HKG200.

The Roast Goose, priced at HKG480, according to most people is overpriced. However, there are also guests who complimented their roast goose so I think it's more to a personal liking over here. Perhaps the people who condemned it had better serving and price before at other restaurants. Or maybe it's the goose problem? I mean, even humans that eat the same food have different body structure right? Some goose may be fuller while some may be skinnier depending on your luck to get which one.

I'm pretty glad that I visited this place. The foods were awesome especially the Lau Sar Pau (Salted Egg Custard Bun)on photo #5. I've never tasted anything like this and I like how the fillings flowed into my mouth so smoothly without any obstacle. Seriously this is the best Lau Sar Pau EVER. The Mango Glutinous Rice Ball was nice too. Very fresh and not over-sweet. I forgotten the name for dish #6. Noodle ball? Or something like that. It wasn't bad too. But I somehow think that I will be able to make an exact one given that I have the exact ingredients XD (too over confidence)

Ratings: 
Food 7/10
Service 6/10
Atmosphere 8/10
Yung Kee Restaurant
32-40 Wellington Street, Central, Central, Hong Kong, China (Central)
Tel: (852) 2522 1624


#7


#8


#9


#10
The A&F model

#11
Lotus Leaf Wrapped Rice

#12

A few walks and a little shopping in the city after our brunch and we headed for late lunch before going to The Peak for Madame Tussauds wax museum.  
I bet you guys are interested at the A&F photo right? Well, the staffs there are pretty friendly to offer free polaroids shots with the half-naked models. Their shift of having shirts off will change. So keep an eye for the model that you are into until their shift! I was pretty lucky to have him because he was the cutest (I think) and I noticed him when he was standing in front of the shop welcoming visitors with shirts on when I was on my way in. 


#13


#14


#15

Next was Madame Tussauds wax museum. This place is packed with people and non stop queue. See the photo on number #13 and #14? That is only half of what my picture caught! The actual line is far longer in reality. The long queue is mainly due to the lack of counter and staff I think . Believe it or not it has only ONE counter with ONE staff handling the entrance tickets. But of course it couldn't add extra counters as well because that will make the waiting area for the tram to The Peak cram and jam and make situation on photo #15 worst. Hmm... I hope there is solution to solve this waiting time rather than making the visitors wait especially under the hot steaming sun. 



#16


#17

Can you see how steep the tram went? We had to bent 45º forward just to keep ourselves balanced. We were able to take a glimpse of Hong Kong skyscrapers view while the tram was moving. Next are photos in the wax museum.

#18


#19


#20
Never thought Iron Man suit can be this tall!


#21
Datuk Michelle Yeoh


#22
YW flirting with Nicole Kidman


#23
Mr and Mrs Smith


#24
Team Edward!!!


#25
"Steady la"----Ah Boy to Men's quote


#26
Private time with Mr President


#27
Poser XD


#28
"I see you"


#29
Breakfast at Tiffany's

#30
Notice the 3 people behind?? haha!


#31


 #32
Half blonde XD


#33
"We are Iron Man!"


#34
Best bf award =)


#35


#36


#37


#38


That mark the second day of our trip in Hong Kong. Most of the time were spent on waiting to get up or down from The Peak. 
Tips : To minimise your waiting time to get up The Peak, purchase the Madame Tussauds and tram ticket online! If I'm not mistaken, there are even discount for online purchase. 
Oh ya, for those cheapskate like us who are not willing to spend money for The Peak overview, you can actually go to the exit at the same floor with "PEACE LOVE WORLD" apparel shop to enjoy Hong Kong stunning cityscape. However there is no 360º viewing platform there. 




That's all for now! =)
Hope you enjoy the post. 


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the award!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't try Yung Kee either because I think it's very expensive >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite expensive! But worth a try because they got the Michelin award for their restaurant before!=)

      Delete