What's in the 22nd's mind

Remember when we were young, we always looking forward for that one special day hoping to receive tons of gifts from our friends and family? Nope it's not Christmas, it's our birthday.

When I was little, I do not understand why my parents took their birth-day insignificantly but never fail to give me and my sisters a proper birthday celebration. I thought that they are just typical Chinese parents who doesn't live lavishly but give all the best to their kids.

I grow up to be a material girl, who loves branded stuffs more than anything else. I actually thought of marrying a multi-millionaire guy so that I can have the tai-tai (posh) life and travel around the world for unlimited times.

I enjoyed receiving expensive gifts and big parties and I love having afternoon tea at teahouse!
And I definitely love to be the centre of attraction among my friends.

However as I grow older, I realised how childish and naive I was!
Well, life is easy (if you think it that way) but it's actually not as calm as it looks from the surface. Every aspect of my thought changes as I grow and now I realise that love is far more important than a tai-tai life. What would money mean to you when you can have everything but sincerity and love right? (But of course, with no money there's no life as well!)



I'm very happy to receive (and still willing to receive in the years to come) wishes and gifts from my friends and family on my birthday because it somehow tells us we mean something to them and they remember our important day!
But gradually, this birthday of mine started to become not-that-significant to me anymore (I don't know if you guys at my age feel the same or not) because I somehow feel that it's a blessing to wake up everyday, to be healthy and to be with the one you care and love.

I was so grateful to have spent time with my friends and family in Malaysia on this summer.
Words couldn't explain how happy I was although it didn't shown on my face.
Being home with all the familiar faces give me full charges to continue my life in another land.
Do you know how hard and boring is it to be in a society that is so anti-social but being so polite and advance in the same time? It's an ironic situation. Travelling and living in a country is totally a different thing. You will get to know the ugliness when you stayed for a while.

And as we grow, we start to have our own thoughts.
And sometimes these thoughts speak louder than our rationality!
I'm having it for quite a moment now.....
It keeps telling me to go for the life I want, because it's the YOLO (you only life once) era.
Youngsters kept saying this and I'm wondering if they think about the consequences or not.
Maybe they do not right? Because that's what teenagers do----action first and think later.

I want to live my own way (not according to my parents)...
But I don't know how to step out from my current situation.
A lot of things are harder when it comes to doing-it rather that saying-it.
Sometimes it makes me wonder that I was just trying to escape from facing the reality, not because of I'm not satisfy with what I have now.
If you are seeing this my dear, I hope to hike up somewhere high and far away with you, lay in you arms, chat with you whole night watching the stars while waiting for the sunrise. Sunset is ok too but it sounded a lil sad.... haha!

I don't know why I'm writing all these...
Instant inspiration maybe?
Or is it because I'm starting to enter the adulthood without me knowing it so this is why I'm having all this crazy things in my mind right now?
hahahahahaha.....!
I would love to see a 32-year-old me reading this in 10 years time.
Wondering if I will giggle when I re-read this.

Anyway these are the birthday gifts I received this year from my fellow friends.
Couldn't be happier and thanks a lot!
I will try to use of of it =)





1 comments: